For those who don't think about me

 

When I write a poetry book
I will title it
"Poems for those who don't think
about me as much as I think about
them"
and it will be long
like a grocery list of people
with their own little poems
about their rosy cheeks
their tiny voices
their long dark hair
their hidden smiles
those secretly shed tears
the greenest eyes
the biggest hugs
and the fistfuls of anger
that I don't seem to ever forget
that become my personal ghosts
that chase me in my thoughts
and haunt my dreams
that everytime they go away
I can't help but wonder 
if I made an impression
big enough to be remembered
through days and months and years
I hope if they think
about me it's not for haunting
it's not for chasing
I hope that if I live in someone else's head
they don't feel the need to write
little silly poems
about my shaky hands
and my anxious sighs
I hope they don't remember
how tormented I can be
I hope they don't worry
like I worry about them.

0 comentarios: