Will you leave?

 


When it becomes too much
when I turn out to be too little
when the leaves of spring fall down and
no more purple petals stain the sidewalks
when the huge city feels like it can swallow
everything that brings you happiness
when everything you want nearby
is too damn far away
when I no longer hold your dreams between my arms
will you leave then?
or will you stay
like a trapped little bird
whose cage is decorated beautifully
but who is too sad to sing anymore
will you leave?
when my tears cannot be hidden behind closed doors
when my body becomes too much of a burden
for one man to handle
will you?
will you stay because you promised?
because your word means more that your soul to you
you'd rather be miserable than untrustworthy
you'd rather stay, broken,
than leave and break me
will you leave or 
do I have to keep forcing you
to open your eyes and see
that I'm not worth the pain.

0 comentarios: