dad's strength

 

I was never afraid when my father was around
as short and skinny and sick as he got
I somehow knew that if he was next to me
absolutely nothing bad would ever happen.

The man summoned a strength that I still don't quite get
he was the bravest and smartest man ever
and I keep comparing every other one to him.
My father would've done it differently.
My dad would best your man, anyday, anytime.

Only time I was ever afraid next to my father
was when I was 10 years old and he had fainted in a steam room
he was deep in his disease by that point,
what we thought were diabetes consequences
but were probably result from a hidden and undiagnosed lymphoma.

The first time I summoned my father's strength 
it was to get him out of the steaming room
I pulled him out through the floor and screamed for help
in an empty gymnasium.

Security guards came running,
uncle Noé took him to the hospital,
I visited a couple days later.
I felt completly alone.

But I have summoned this particular strength
time and time again when needed
for my mother, for myself,
for the underdog kid in a class.

I think I am a small but strong person,
I'm not afraid when my dad's strenght is pulled
he is with me when I'm fighting
and if he is near I can't fear.

0 comentarios: