28



You and I are three binary stars
and we feel safe in each other's orbits,
or maybe I'm an astronaut, getting
lost in purpose (or accidentally)
and you were aliens showing me
the way and watching as I make my own discoveries
either way
you have been there
through it all
you were there
when I was burnt by the surface of the sun, 
and you were the star that numbed the pain
when I have skated across saturn’s rings, 
and you held my hand, making sure I would not fall
when undiscovered planets became my escape, 
and you found my hiding places each and every time
I have gotten lost within black holes, 
only to have you pull me back out
you and I we watched flowers grow,
 and sunrises and sunsets
we watched the death of stars and the loss of moons
through it all, both beautiful and horrible 

and the things in between.

0 comentarios: