2. A poem.

You come to offer every single bit you took.
The bits I used to like so much,
you now bring to me, as a present,
a return to sender,
broken, scabbed, charred,
faulty manufacturing, you claim,
after having worn them to threads.

I like what they remind me of,
I like the "what-ifs" you want me to recall
I see the ghosts of our togetherness
You used to be everything I wanted
but now... it's all I never want to have.

You are offering, open handed,
trying for them to look like they once did,
baby, I know you too well,
not even my magic can fix those broken bits.

I once loved you,
I truly did.
But now, you're mere shadows,
the darkness within seeped through.

I wanted to be grass under you
misty and cool
but you left me for the pavement 
you've been walking around on your bare feet
and you expect me to come and heal you.

0 comentarios: